Westside Bridge Academy schedules as many local charity games as the ACBL allows. In most months, clubs are allowed to schedule one charity game per scheduled session per month. For example, for the Monday morning session WBA can schedule only one charity game each month. Also, we are not allowed to schedule more local charity games than ACBL Charity games. ACBL Charity games benefit the ACBL Charity Foundation. For all upgraded games, $1 per entry is sent to the charity.
In addition, January is Junior Fund month, April is Charity Fund month, May is Grass Roots Fund month, and September is International Fund month. During those months, all games are upgraded to those funds so there will be no donation to a local charity.
The amount donated to the local charity of the month is shown below.
- February- Houston Ground Angels - $358
- March - Star of Hope - $194
- April - Child Advocates - $1,144
- June - Alzheimers Association - $424
- July - Family to Family Network- $214
- August - Bo's Place - $336
- October - The Rose - $490 and $78 to the Unit Charity - the Alzheimer's Association.
- November - City Wide Club - $460
- December - Boys & Girls Country - $388
- Total for 2015 - $4,086
- February - Baylor College of Medicine - $336
- March - Houston Ground Angels - $394
- April -Child Advocates - $1,036
- June - Alzheimer's Association - $3,660
- July - MS Society - $326
- August - Bo's place - $ 216
- October - The Rose - $380
- November - Family to Family Network - $416
- December - Boys & Girls Country - $346
- Total for 2016 - $7,210