Bridge is a great game, but it brings out the worst behavior in some people. To counter this, WBA has adopted a Zero Tolerance policy that governs behavior at the table. It specifies what is not allowed, and specifies penalties for violating the policy.
- Being a good host at the table
- Greeting others in a friendly manner
- Praising the bidding and/or play of the opponents
- Having two filled out convention cards (this is a requirement).
Behaviors that will not be allowed
- Badgering, rudeness, insinuation, intimidation, profanity, threats, or violence.
- Negative comments regarding the opponent’s or partner’s bidding or play.
- Constant gratuitous lessons at the table.
- Loud and disruptive arguments with the director, opponents, or partner.
Violations of the ZT policy come with a price
- The first violation will result in a warning.
- The second violation will exact a ¼ board or 3 Imp penalty.
- The penalty doubles for each subsequent violation.
- If the behavior does not stop, the offender will be asked to leave the game.
- In extreme cases, the individual can be barred from playing at Westside.